Sunday 12 September 2010

Blonde Bombshell

I think I must be the only person in the UK to be looking forward to winter. I love the dark nights, and cuddling up under a blanket and watching films when its cold and raining out, I especially love feeding the love handles some stodgy comfort food and hot peppermint tea with honey. Plus I have a lovely pink coat that i got for Christmas from my grandad last year that just didn't get a good wearing, I also stocked up on some cute cosy jumpers when Stevie and I went to Brighton last Monday so I'm hoping summer chokes its last breath sharpish because Ive got a new wardrobe that needs showcasing.
Anyway, back to the baking.
I was going to post my Yummy Lemon Cookie recipe, but I decided that I should have at least one secret recipe (then when I have kids, and then they have kids, I can make them cookies and say, 'this is Grannies secret recipe'). So I decided to do a previously untested recipe which I adapted from this months Sainsbury's magazine (I'm constantly living on the edge).
I don't know how you guys feel about brownies but I detest them, despite loving chocolate so much I'd gladly exchange an eyeball for a Dairy Milk I've never really liked chocolate cakes, brownies or chocolate desserts, they seem too rich and filling somehow. Today however this peroxide blonde is posting a recipe for Blondie's, a Brownie for all intents and purposes but made with white chocolate, they are delicious! However, don't expect them to be the same as a Brownie, the recipe varies for Blondie's from the Brownie recipe and because they're gluten free (as with most things) the texture is different, not as dense or chewy, more like a sponge really, but still yummy, if slightly crumblier.
The public has spoken and Marvelous Meals got the majority of the vote in the poll so I'm doing some research and testing various recipes to post in a week or so. Let me know if you have a particular meal they would like to see adapted to G/F and posted in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥Thank-you for your comment!♥